Everyone wants to know how to take care of their tights and hosiery so that they will last longer. There's no magic secret, and hosiery is not made to last long term but I do have some suggestions from my customers and from my many years in this field to offer you.
1. Handwash the products, not practical but probably works. I know this is time consuming but it does enable the products to have the gentle care they need.
2. A customer told me microfiber tights pill less if washed inside out. It sort of makes sense that if the tights don't rub against things in the washing machine they will pill less. I haven't personally tried this, if you do let me know how it goes.
3. Buy the right size product and when in doubt go up not down in size. Your tights will last longer then.
4. Wash your tights in a mesh laundry bag. This will prevent them from getting snags caused by rubbing against articles of clothing.
5. If you have dry & rough hands you might make holes or runs in your tights when handling them, so try to be careful.
6. A customer told me she was told by her seminary teacher to wash pantyhose with dark colored laundry to prevent them from fading.